November 5, 2011

Supanova 2011

I have never seen so many cosplayers in one place in my entire life! My friend and I, who weren't in costume, actually felt like odd ones out! This will be rectified next year. :3

Supanova is an Australian pop culture event with everything from anime, comics, gaming, tv/entertainment guest stars, book authors etc etc all come under one roof, so to speak.

Supanova!!

By far, in my opinion, the very best aspect is the cosplayers; costume watching is an event in and of itself and the people are so friendly! Always happy to pose for you. :D

Lizzy & Kakashi
(Naruto)
Nurse (Silent Hill)
Shunku & Suigintou
(Rozen Maiden)

Dapper fellow in pink
Deadpool (Marvel Comics)
Lizzy & Choji (Naruto)

My friend and I managed to check out most of the things we wanted to see inluding a Q and A session with Harry Potter's Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) and Georgina Leonidas (Katie Bell) and signing of autographs by Colin Morgan (Merlin from the recent TV series of the same name - and also the highlight of my day! what an awesome guy and super cute too with his scraggly facial hair and super-thick accent!), Julie Benz (from Dexter and a lot of other things) and Cliff Simon (Baal from SG1).

Georgina Leonidas (Katie Bell) and Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood)
from Harry Potter

Also caught glimpses of Christopher Lloyd, (Doc Brown from Back to the Future) and Renee O'Connor (Gabrielle from Xena).

I got to watch a session by some local comic book authors, a guitar hero playoff, a little droid unit pestering people and a guy in a lovely dress that actually fooled me (he looked that pretty!).

Droid unit
One of these ladies is not like the others

I also had the chance to wander around ogling all these amazing nerdy pretties from comic book and merchandising stores, fan artists, original artists, crafters, performers and some of the most amazing and intricate costumes I've ever seen.





From the top left to right:
Cyberman (Dr Who), Batman (DC), Ironman (Marvel)
Scythe-weilding Scarecrow, Red VS Blue (Rooster Teeth), Sniper in camo (Sniper)




From the top, then left to right:
Princess Zelda (Legend of Zelda)
Daft Punk and others, Spot the character!
Team Fortress (Valve), Captain America (Marvel)


All in all, it was a fantastic day, and I am definitely doing this again next year. :D


*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Relevant Links

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs